Sunday, June 16, 2013

Please night, come soon.

There came a moment when I finally thought I was all out of tears. It was that moment that the sky opened up and took over for me. Rain came gushing out onto the streets, pouring onto the grass and washing the dirt down into the sewers. Part of me wanted to stand in the rain hoping it would cleanse me and wash me clean, but I couldn't bare to go outside.

Even the shows on television are mocking me. Curled up on the couch I feel like I want to avoid the world forever, but I know that as the hours tick away, Monday draws closer than ever and before I know it my alarm clock will sound and I will venture out into the world again.

I don't want anyone to look at me, and I don't want to talk. I don't want to talk about your weekend you spent with your family. I don't want to hear about your kid's baseball game. I don't want to hear how you sat around on Sunday and celebrated Father's Day in the nice weather while you ate perfectly cooked hamburgers and laughed at family memories. Hell, I couldn't even pick up the phone to call my own father today and even though I feel bad, I don't feel bad enough to dial those numbers.

The rain has stopped and the sun is peeking out from behind the clouds again. I wish the rain never stopped and that the day turned to night. Right now I only wish I could sleep for weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment